Saturday, March 30, 2013

Special Fried Tilapia





 

Some people don’t want to eat this kind of fish because of its earthy smell and some would call this as nasty fish. Well every individual has its own opinion and I respect that, but for me, I would say it’s one of my favorite!! I don’t know - but the taste would just simply suits my taste buds and I have nothing more to question about it.

A day ago in my hometown we had harvested this Tilapia from our pond. Since we have plenty of catch and a fan-eater of this, I decided to share with you how I prepare this dish without the earthy-smell-thing on the fish. I’ve been cooking this for my family many times so for now I’m sharing this simple thing for you too. When we say ‘fry’—yeah it’s very simple!! Heat a pan, pour-in cooking oil, fry and serve! This time I made some ritual to get rid of the smell so I did added milk as an ingredient. I also added an egg into it to be more special and tasty to complete the dish. Sometimes I do it by adding more seasonings like pepper and garlic but this time we will focus on the simplest way in order to preserve the somewhat like close to original taste of the fish.


Ingredients:
  • 3-4 pcs fresh Tilapia, medium size, cleaned
  • 1 large egg, raw
  • 1/4 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup cooking oil

Procedure for Special Fired Tilapia:

1.    In a clean bowl, whisk the egg, milk and salt. Mix well. Set aside.

2.    Partially slice the body portion of the fish in order to absorb all the mixture in it while dipping. Dip-in cleaned fish on the mixture for about 5mins. (Be sure to coat everything of the fish including the entire head).

3.       Heat the pan on a medium heat.

4.       Fry both side of the fish until golden brown.

5.       Serve and enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment