Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Stir Fry Shrimp - Filipino Style


 

This is one of my favorite seafood recipes….Stir Fried Shrimp. A very appetizing, simple and quick dish to prepare which my family loves!  I find it more enjoying when eating it on steamed rice and dip it on vinegar with a pinch of salt and sliced raw garlic! Each of us can’t afford just to eat a cup of rice for dinner for this but…two or more?? yyyyummm!

This is our traditional way of cooking this recipe. I got it from my mother on how to cook shrimps in just a couple of minutes, and this is it.!!! When she had a chance to visit in our place this is one of her great present (pasalubong) for us. This is one of the dishes I prepared too during the christening of my son and everybody loves it! I like better cooking the tiger shrimps because it’s juicier than the small one. Really flavorsome!!!

Ingredients:
  • 1 kilo fresh shrimp, cleaned
  • 2-3 tablespoons vinegar
  • 3-4 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 2-3 tablespoons water
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Procedure for Stir Fry Shrimp:

1.     Heat a pan then put-in the cleaned shrimp.

2.     Add water. Stir fry for about 1-3 minutes until water evaporates.

3.     Once the water evaporates (this time the shrimp turned into orange in color) pour-in the vinegar and stir until dry.

4.     Pour-in the cooking oil, salt and pepper. Stir fry for about 2 to 5 minutes.

5.     Transfer to a plate.

6.     Serve and enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment