Thursday, April 18, 2013

Filipino Breakfast Treat




This is my own way of preparing a simple Filipino breakfast treat!!! – Garlic rice, beef tapa and egg! I prepared and marinated the beef a night before I had planned to prepare this meal to avoid rush. Please see the article I’ve made for Beef Steak or you may click this link for the recipe. I want my beef steak here to be dry so I let everything of the sauce get absorbed in the beef. Here, I will also share with you how I prepared my own style of garlic rice and fried eggs. What I like in garlic rice is the aroma which is so appetizing! And mind you this is not oily as what you have known for garlic rice out there! I said, this is my own simple way of making this, so take a look in the procedure how I did it! For the fried eggs I like those whites cooked in soft texture. Mostly fried eggs had brownish and crunchy edge when fried. In here, I am going to share with you how to prepare it just like other restaurants did on their sunny side up version! Sounds exciting right…!? Then scroll down and go over HOW I did this breakfast treat you might try at home!

Procedure:

For Garlic Rice (I apologize but this is what I wanted to name it: garlic rice J )

Take 4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped). Set aside. Take a bowl of steamed rice (preferably the one which was cooked earlier and still hot). Set aside. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and pour about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Fry chopped garlic until golden brown. Do not burn. Immediately place fried garlic in a saucer and allow to cool. Dust about 3/4 of fried garlic in a bowl of steamed rice and mix well with a spoon. Serve immediately! Or you can also fill a cup with a garlic mixture and press to compact. Slowly invert compact garlic rice in a plate and use remaining fried garlic for garnishing. Very simple!!

For the Fried Egg

Place 2 tablespoons cooking oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Once oil was heated, adjust the heat into very low….as in verrrry low. This is to protect the egg whites from burning easily and will result into soft texture as what I’ve said. Slowly break the egg over the heated pan. Check until everything of the egg whites is properly cooked. You can also take some of the oil in the pan using a spoon and slowly pour it over the egg whites to help cooking the whites faster. Transfer to a plate and serve.
There you go! Hope I made your breakfast at home special for this simple recipe! Have a great day ahead evryone! Good morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment