Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pretty-Lazy Pancakessss




This is what I called: my lazy snack! Why, because I prepared it on the day I got lazy and nothing came to my mind but to prepare a quick and delish recipe to enjoy with.. I’m glad I have ingredients available in the kitchen too! For now, I don’t want using more of my time waiting in the oven cooking so I came up with this pretty pancakes served for my son. This is also his favorite playtime and school packed snack ever!
As you can see my pancakes are golden yellow in color, it’s because I am using sweetened margarine to cook for it instead of butter. But, if you choose butter in cooking, you better add 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar on the flour mixture to balance the taste. We are also using the leavening agent here which is the baking powder. This will lighten the texture and increases volume of the batter when heated and there is moisture. In order to help the batter increases its volume, what I usually do is, cover the pan while cooking. I prefer to use a microwavable glass to cover and easily check the batter while it cooks. By this, I am preserving the moisture not to release every time I will open and check whether it’s already cooked or not. For me, this really helps!! I observed that covering the pan while cooking makes fluffier pancakes too! Make sure that you cook it in a very low heat to avoid burning easily the batter (refer to the photo shown in the procedure). This is also best served during breakfast sprinkled with confectioner's sugar on top; or even just plain.
Ingredients:
  • 1 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 small eggs
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoon butter, melted
  • sweet blend margarine, for cooking

Procedure for Pancake:
  1. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
  2. In a bowl, combine together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Set aside.
  3. Beat eggs thoroughly. Add the eggs to the flour mixture and the melted butter. Mix until well incorporated. Gradually add the milk and continue mixing until everything is combined but don’t over mix
  4. Get half of tablespoon of margarine and melt or spread all over the pan until becomes bubbly.

5. Lower the heat. (if using stove or gas range this is how I apply heat when cooking).
 
6. Pour about 1/4 of the batter in the pan. Cover and cook until the bottom or edge turns light brown, or until you see the top of the pancakes are already have holes and looks almost dry. Flip the pancake and cover for about 1 minute.
 
7. Transfer to a plate. Garnish. Serve warm and enjoy!
 
 
Makes 6 pancakes
 
Note: Double the ingredients of the recipe if you prefer to make more pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment