Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Lunch Break: Meat 'n Veggie

Oh my…., I’ve been quite for several days on here, but I’m happy I’m back! I was just a bit busy baking for a friend’s occasion on my previous days. I’m pleased when I’ve got a chance to bake for someone. Thank you all..! *smileys…

Let me share you a sneak preview on some of my enjoying minutes in the kitchen lately:

 
Hope I can find much much time to share these simple kitchen crafts the next time!
 
Meanwhile, I have this very easy yet healthy meat and veggie recipe for you. I know that you are familiar with this recipe already and this is not new to us anyhow but I just love to share how I prepared mine on this delicious, fast, and healthy dish. I hope you enjoy preparing this at home too!
I had this for my late lunch (since everyone got their lunch on time already. Besides, I know that having a late meal is unhealthy but forgive me, I will never do this again!) *sigh….. Well; here’s a treat for myself: meat and steamed veggie! It sounds interesting for those both meat and veggie lovers out there!
 
As you can see my pork chop was slightly over browned but not burned out it's okay! What's important is I made my steamed veggies taste perfect here!
 
Veggies are good when they are fresh and are not overcooked. Who doesn’t agree? Well let me just share you this healthy tip by Dr. Murray from sharecare.com. According to him, it is very important not to overcook vegetables since overcooking will lost the important nutrients and drain its flavor. And also, the best ways to cook vegetables are through baking, light steaming, or quick stir fry. For him, boiling vegetables are not advised unless you are making soups. Yeah right, I’ve got him thumbs up on that of course! And I hope I can practice that every time I am cooking veggies!! hmmmmm?? *promising J So, taking his advise and to complete my recipe, what I did was steamed the carrots and lightly fry it in the pan. Some would do this by just steaming the carrots alone and eat; some also eat this vegetable raw. While I wanted to make steamed vegetable more flavorful, I lightly fry it on a melted butter. I love the taste since you really savor the freshness of the vegetable… -it’s sweet and crunchy! Love it!! Enjoy!
 
Ingredients:

For Pork Chop

  • 2 pork chops (or more to create more serving)
  • Salt, for coating
  • 1/4 cup olive oil, for frying
  • oyster sauce, to garnish (optional)

For Steamed Veggie

  • 1 medium size carrot, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (if using salted butter, just lessen the salt)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • pinch of brown sugar, just to add more taste

Procedure

For Pork Chop

Coat pork chop with salt. Pour olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Fry and cook the pork until color turns golden brown. Drain excess oil in the pork chop with a kitchen tissue. Garnish with oyster sauce. Set aside.

 For Steamed Veggies

Pour about 1 cup of water in a heat proof bowl with a steamer. Place the sliced carrots then bring water to boil. Cover and steam carrots for about 5 minutes. (You can also use a strainer over a heat proof bowl with water. Place the carrots on the strainer, cover and steam with the same stated minutes). If you are preparing more serving, steam the carrots for about 10-15mins.

Meanwhile prepare the frying pan. Heat a pan with a tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Stir until butter has melted. Add-in pinch of sugar and salt (if using unsalted butter). Be careful not to burn the ingredients. Add-in steamed carrots and stir fry for about 1 minute. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with the meat and steamed rice.

That's it! Your fast and fresh dish is ready to serve!!



No comments:

Post a Comment